NEWS

    Bump Stock Botch: Report Says Less than 1,000 Surrendered

    Updated: October 7, 2019 at 5:56 pm EST  See Comments

    Originally Published on This Site

    The Washington Times reported Monday that the federal government had collected less than 1,000 “bump stock” devices earlier this year prior to the accessory being banned in reaction to the tragic mass shooting in Las Vegas two years ago, while possibly hundreds of thousands of them remain in private hands.

    Fewer than 1,000 bump stocks were turned in following the ban announcement, according to a published report. (Screen snip, Central Texas Survival, YouTube.)

    The story noted that the Trump administration estimated anywhere from 280,000 to 520,000 bump stocks were in private ownership last December when the final rule on the devices was published.

    This could signal real trouble for Democrats now running for president, as every one of them have declared some sort of program that might regulate so-called “assault weapons” to the point of Beto O’Rourke’s now-infamous threat of confiscation. With this kind of resistance to a ban on a shooting accessory, just how much resistance will the government face if an outright ban on semi-auto rifles is announced?

    The story said that as of late March, only 582 bump stocks had been “abandoned” to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Of those, 98 were “kept as

    The remainder of this article is available in its entirety at Conservative Firing Line

    The views expressed in this news alert by the author do not directly represent that of The Christian Journal or its editors

    Share Your Thoughts

    avatar
    A Quick Note…

    Already a subscriber? Login to remove advertisements. Not a subscriber? Join the Christian Journal and gain access to hundreds of presentations and exclusives that cover today's events and how they impact you, your life, and your soul. All while supporting independent Christian researchers trying to make a difference.